Kraken - The World's Most Secure Crypto Exchange, Top 5 Crypto Exchanges in the World, Provide the best crypto trading experience and charting tools.
Kraken : This is a well-known cryptocurrency trading platform founded in 2011. Open to everyone, based in the United States, with low fees, this crypto exchange is also regarded one of the most secure cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
Kraken was the first U.S. crypto firm to receive a state-chartered banking license, as well as one of the first exchanges to offer spot trading with margin, regulated derivatives and index services. Kraken is trusted by millions of traders, institutions and authorities around the world and offers professional, around the clock online support.
Kraken is a full-featured cryptocurrency exchange with a good mix of tokens. Kraken is the world’s largest global digital asset exchange based on euro volume and liquidity. Kraken’s global client base trades over 100 digital assets and 7 different fiat currencies, including GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, JPY, CHF and AUD.
Kraken is backed by investors including Tribe Capital, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital and Digital Currency Group, among others.
Clients on Kraken: 9 Million+, Countries supported: 190+, Quarterly trading volume: $207 Billion+, Of course, the above figures are still growing. Kraken allows users to buy over 100+ cryptocurrencies for as little as $10. It also offers advanced trading tools, order types, and margin trading where you can lend cryptocurrencies and increase risk exposure. With margin trading, you can leverage by as much as 5x and by up to $500,000.
5 Reasons to Choose Kraken for Crypto Trading
1. Security: In fact, Kraken has always been an industry leader in security. Founded in 2011 and launched in 2013, Kraken is one of the largest and oldest exchanges in the world. It has been focusing on security since day one. The fact that it hasn't been hacked in nine years speaks for itself.
Kraken's motto: Security above everything. It offer physical security, financial stability, with full reserves, healthy banking relationships and the highest standards of legal compliance. In addition, it pushes users towards healthy security habits.
2. Rich Cryptocurrencies and Fiat Currencies Supported: Kraken has over 100+ coins (BTC, ETH, as well as Various Altcoins) and handles seven fiat currencies. It supports not only trading between cryptocurrency pairs, but also between fiat currencies (e.g. GBP, EUR), so it’s an excellent fiat-to-crypto gateway. It's not the biggest selection of digital currency you’ll find, but it's still comparable to some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges. Kraken also boasts a high liquidity, which means it's easier to buy and sell at a fair price.
3. Forex trading: In addition to trading cryptocurrencies, you can exchange your fiat currency into one of six other fiat currencies supported. Users can enjoy the deposit, withdrawal, and Forex Trading service of 7 major fiat currencies after completing the identity verification.
Imagine you are on vacation in France and you need to exchange euros. With Kraken, you can instantly convert your holdings of digital assets (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.), U.S. dollars, or other fiat currencies into Euros. It must have been a wonderful experience!
4. Advanced trading features: Kraken is one of the few exchanges that offers margin, stop orders, and crypto short sales. It also has something called a dark pool where high-volume investors can trade anonymously. Kraken enables you leverage a currency pair by up to 5x and allows qualified professional clients to access up to $500,000 in margin.
5. Low fees: The low fee is one of Kraken’s biggest attractions. Maker fees vary from 0.16% to 0.00% for trading amounts below $50,000 and above $10,000,000+ respectively. Taker fees for trading the same amount vary from 0.26% to 0.10%. Maker and Taker fees vary from 0.20% to 0.00% while trading the same amount of stablecoins and Forex Pairs. All trading fees can be divided into five categories: regular trading fees, stablecoin trading fees, dark pool trading fees, margin trading fees, and withdrawal fees.
①. Regular trading fees range from 0.16% for the makers and 0.26% for the takers, but they can be as low as 0.00% (maker) and 0.10% (taker) for users trading more than USD 10,000,000 per month.
②. Stablecoin trading pairs charge different fees. Here, you pay 0.20% or less (based on 30-day volume) per trade regardless of whether you are on the taker or maker side of the deal. Traders exchanging more than USD 1,000,000 a month in stablecoins do not pay any fees.
③. Dark pool traders are charged the most - initially, you would pay a 0.36% fee, which is the same for both market takers and makers. If you trade more than USD 10,000,000 per month, the dark pool fees can be as low as 0.20% per trade.
④. Different fees apply to margin trading. Bitcoin (BTC) and Tether (USDT) pairs have a 0.01% opening fee and a 0.01% rollover fee for every 4 hours, while other cryptocurrencies cost 0.02% to open a trade and incur the same 0.02% fee every four hours. As such, Kraken charges less than all major margin trading exchanges, though these trades get more expensive the longer your position remains open. Margin allowance limits depend on your verification level. The maximum leverage available at Kraken is 5x.
⑤. All withdrawals are subject to payment of fees. The withdrawal fees (Transfer out Cryptocurrencies) at Kraken aren’t the lowest compared with other exchanges, but they aren’t costly either. Also, the cost depends on the cryptocurrency being withdrawn.
Kraken also charges fees for withdrawing fiat currencies. A standard USD wire would cost you 5 USD per transaction, while a global SWIFT USD transaction incurs a 35 USD fee. EUR withdrawal via SEPA would cost you 0.09 EUR, while worldwide SWIFT transfer via Etana Custody is priced at 35 EUR too. CAD, GBP, CHF, and JPY withdrawals are possible too, but the fees vary based on the currency of withdrawal.
All in all, Kraken fees appear to be low, justified, and reasonable. As such, the exchange falls onto the less expensive end of regulated exchanges, even though some of its functions may have slightly cheaper alternatives elsewhere.
6. Strong staking options: Users of Kraken can stake over 15 different cryptos and earn between 0.25% and upwards of 20%. Staking usually involves tying up your coins to contribute to the overall security of that particular blockchain. It can be a great way to earn passive income on your crypto.
How to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) With Kraken?
Kraken makes it easy and safe for you to buy bitcoin, Just need 3 simple steps:
1. Create your free Kraken account - Provide your email address, country of residence and secure your account with a strong password;
2. Connect your funding method - Connect your card or bank account after Kraken verifies your account;
3. Buy bitcoin - Buy bitcoin with as little as $10.
Why Buy BTC on Kraken?
Over 10 years ago, Kraken opened its doors as a bitcoin exchange and established itself as a pillar of the cryptocurrency industry. While Kraken have grown to now offer over 60 cryptocurrencies, they remain true to their roots as one of the first and best places to buy bitcoin.
1. Simplicity - Kraken has the desktop and mobile solutions you need to easily buy bitcoin and join the future of finance;
2. Security - Kraken’s rigorous security standards are designed to keep your funds safe on your way to financial empowerment and independence;
3. Service - Kraken’s client support team offers dedicated client services 24/7/365.
Tips: The process of buying altcoins (tokens) is exactly the same as buying Bitcoin.
In short, Kraken is a well-known cryptocurrency exchange that has been around for almost a decade. A few other great benefits are: it has the lowest fees in the industry, supports deposits and withdrawals in fiat currency, deposits are free, and withdrawals and transactions are very competitive. At the same time, Kraken is an old and reputable cryptocurrency exchange for traders looking for fiat on and off-ramp. Kraken comes with a variety of features and advanced trading options for every seasoned trader, as well as simple trading options for novice crypto enthusiasts. It’s definitely a solid option. Visit Kraken Website, Start your crypto journey!
A little advice: Trading should be well-planned and deliberate. To be a successful trader, you must trade responsibly. Find out why responsible trading is crucial to any trader’s success and learn some tips to get started.